Saturday, February 18, 2012

crushed!

Yesterday we received a phone call that we thought would never happen.
At least not at this point in the process.

Another family, somewhere, is also desiring to adopt the little girl we have already called our own.

I think I was in shock yesterday as I sat and listened to our agency tell us about the email they had just received.

Today, as I look at the things we couldn't fit into her care package that we just mailed on Wednesday, I cry.

Our agency has no information other than what I just shared.

They will be traveling to Thailand next Friday and meet with the DSDW Board and all of the social workers in Thailand as they hand deliver our dossier.

Our dossier that requests to adopt this little one.

Our agency is hoping that they will find out more information.

We are praying that we are farther along in the process and that it will be considered, if we are.

We know ultimately that this is all in the Lord's hands.

Until we find out for sure about our little girl ~

We won't know where we go from here.

I asked God to give me a fresh new Word this morning.

So I've waited.

And He spoke.

"Pray for the other family."

So I pray.

Not really sure what I'm to pray for~

Other than for the Lord to comfort them if they've been told the same information from their agency.

Praying for peace for their hearts, as well.

Today as I read my devotional, Jesus Calling, it was EXACTLY the fresh new word that I needed to hear from my God and my Savior.

His Word reminding me that He is ALWAYS with me! And that He is holding me by my right hand. Guiding me with his counsel and taking me into his glory afterward. And although my flesh and my heart may fail, God will always be the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:23-26)


The first scripture after the devotional that took my breath away?


"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Our sweet little girls' life verse!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, just wanted to pop over and say hi. Thank you for your comment on our blog. :) This post made me want to cry. The same thing happened to us. But the other family was from our agency. And it was just whoever finished their paperwork fastest was who got to move forward. Sounds harsh. But that's how it was. I was a wreck. My husband was a rock. In my heart, Joel was already ours. It was so hard. They later contacted me and we got to watch each other's processes and how the Lord orchestrated it all was precious. It doesn't sound like that is what's happening in your case...with another agency family. I will pray for you. For peace and clarity. In all things, He is good.

    We brought Joel home from Bangkok in September of '09. And now we're headed to China. Seems we have a lot in common. :) Just backwards! lol.

    Hope you have a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow and are resting in Him and His will for your family.

    For His fame~
    Kam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kam, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. The adoption road is never an easy road. Thankful that The One who holds our future goes before us to make a way.

    I've enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how God speaks to us and how He works all things to glorify His Name. I have no doubt that God is having you pray for the other family because they are in need of someone who unselfishly gives even though they themselves may be devastated by the news received. He will give you the desires of your heart because you delight yourself in Him and obey Him in all things.

    To quote a great theologian, "Feeeeah not, for I am with thee!" :)

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete